COST: $5

Provided that a minimum 30 day suspension has been met, a Hardship License can be applied for at the District Clerk’s office in the county where the DUI was received.

Paperwork is submitted to the Kenton County Attorney’s Office for review and approval and then presented to a Judge for approval and signing.

Upon approval by the Judge, paperwork is sent to a Driver’s License office in the county where the DUI was received.

That office will then initiate phone contact for notification to make the paperwork available to you for pick up.

What do I need to bring?

  • Your suspended driver’s license
  • Your approved hardship paperwork

What if I no longer have my license?

You will have to confirm your identity with ONE of the following documents to be issued a new license:

  • Birth Certificate (Original or State Certified with the raised embossed seal)


  • Social Security Card


  • Passport


  • Any OFFICIAL United States or State of Kentucky document with your full name and social security number visible (ex. W2, military documentation)

Kenton County Driver’s License Branches:

Independence Branch:
1655 Delaware Crossing
Independence, Kentucky 41051
Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00AM – 4:00 PM